Effective Date: 24 January 2024
Perx Health Holdings, Inc and its related entities (‘Perx Health’, ‘we’, ‘us’, or ‘our’) is a technology company specialising in the provision of various health and wellbeing services designed to assist individuals to manage and adhere to their treatment plans in a positive, effective and rewarding way (Services). The Services are delivered primarily through a mobile application (Perx App) as well as through other online platforms including our website, web applications and portals, Perx Health’s pages and accounts on third-party social media platforms and any other websites, applications or technology which we may own or operate from time to time (collectively the Perx Platforms). We have agreements in place with a number of organizations including insurers, pharmaceutical companies and medical providers (Commercial Sponsors). These Commercial Sponsors fund each program, which enables us to make the Services available for use by people like you for free. Eligibility for a Commercial Sponsor-funded membership and its duration are determined by your Commercial Sponsor. Should the term of your Commercial Sponsor-funded membership come to an end, you may instead be eligible for Perx Basic membership which is free. We also have arrangements with a number of third-party business partners for the provision of rewards to Perx App users based on actions conducted through the Perx App or web portal (Rewards Partners). You acknowledge that your access to and use of any of the Perx Platforms and our Services is governed solely and exclusively by us in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use (Terms) which shall form a legally binding agreement between you and Perx Health. Any relationship you may have with one of our Commercial Sponsors or Rewards Partners does not affect these Terms.
You acknowledge that we may amend these Terms from time to time. Any changes will be notified to you by email to the email address provided by you to us (if any) and also via a notification on the Perx Platforms. If you do not accept the changes to the Terms you should not continue to use the Services or any of the Perx Platforms. By using the Perx Platforms or our Services, you agree that the then current version of these Terms applies to your use of the Perx Platforms and our Services.
1. About the Perx Platforms
The Perx Platforms facilitate interactions and communication between you, Perx Health, our Commercial Sponsors, Reward Partners, healthcare professionals and other Members and third parties that you invite to communicate with you in connection with the Services.
The Perx App offers, among other things, a convenient way to set reminders for prescription medications and other health activities, to receive tailored information about your medical condition, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Perx Rewards Program and Perx Community. If you are eligible but unable to access the Perx App, once you are registered as a Member you may be able to access our Services through an online user portal on our website.
The Perx Enterprise Portal has a number of functions. It is the portal through which our Commercial Sponsors invite individuals to access and use the Perx App and through which they may view information about a Member’s use of the Perx App with that Member’s consent. Users of the Perx App may also authorise third parties such as a family member, carer, or trusted health professional to view their health information through the Perx Enterprise Portal and to follow and support them on their health journey.
Only individuals with a registered user account (Members) may access and use the Perx Platforms. A particular Member’s level of access to each of the Perx Platforms will depend on the manner in which they are authorised to become a Member. For example, a Member who is authorised to become a Member for the purposes of viewing another Member’s health information through the Perx Enterprise Portal will only have access to the Perx Enterprise Portal for that limited purpose and will not be granted access to the Perx App or related Services. Similarly, Members with access to the Perx App will not generally have access to the Perx Enterprise Portal unless authorised by another Member to do so.
2. The Service
In order to access the Services, you are required to register for a user account (Account).
Where you are eligible to access and use the Perx App you may register for an Account through either the Perx App or via a user portal on our website.
Typically, where you are a user of the Perx App your access to the Services as a Member will be authorised via the Commercial Sponsor that has enabled your access, and therefore your ongoing use of the Services through your Account is subject to the relevant Commercial Sponsor maintaining your Account access on your behalf. If your Commercial Sponsor ceases to maintain Account access on your behalf, you may be eligible to access the Services via a Perx Basic Membership and you are responsible for maintaining your Account access on your own behalf.
As noted above, in some instances you may be authorised by a Member to view their health information through the Perx Enterprise Portal. Where you are invited to access the Perx Enterprise Portal by a Member, you must register for an Account via the Perx Enterprise Portal using the special link sent to you by Perx Health.
As part of the registration process, or as part of your continued use of the Services, you may be required to provide to Perx Health personal information about yourself (such as identification or contact details), including:
- an email address;
- a preferred username;
- certain health information, including your medical conditions, prescribed medications, health activities, and treatment plan (where you are a user of the Perx App);
- health insurance and/or pharmacy details or such other identifier or referral code as is provided by the Commercial Sponsor that authorises your access (if applicable); and
You warrant that any information you give to Perx Health in the course of completing the registration process or at any other time is accurate, correct, complete and up to date. You must also update the information you have uploaded onto the Perx Platforms where such information changes at any time. You also acknowledge that as a Member, the “username” you create in your profile is visible to other users of the Perx Platforms.
Once you have completed the registration process, you will be a Member and will be bound by these Terms. You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of the United States of America, Australia or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
3. Your obligations as a Member
As a Member, you acknowledge and agree that:
- you will not share your Account with any other person;
- you will not register for more than one Account;
- you will use the Perx Platforms and our Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
- these Terms; and
- any applicable law;
- you have sole responsibility for protecting the confidentiality of your referral code (if applicable), password, passcode and/or email address. Use of your password by any other person may result in the immediate cancellation of your Membership;
- any use of your registration information by any other person is strictly prohibited. You agree to immediately notify Perx Health if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or your email address or any other breach of security;
- you must not expressly or impliedly impersonate another Member or use the Account or password of another Member at any time;
- any content that you broadcast, publish, upload, transmit, post or distribute on the Perx Platforms will:
- be accurate, correct, complete and up to date;
- not contain viruses or similar that may cause damage to our property or the property of other individuals or otherwise violate the security of the Perx Platforms;
- not contain any unauthorised material, which includes but is not limited to material that we believe would be likely to cause annoyance or harm, or which is intimidating, threatening, racist, defamatory, pornographic, or which is or may be detrimental to our systems or a third party’s systems or network security.
- you will not harass, impersonate, stalk or threaten another Member where interaction with other Members is made available to you on the Perx Platforms or otherwise;
- if you have been invited by another Member to view their health information through the Perx Enterprise Portal, you will treat that health information confidentially and not disclose that health information to any third party without the express consent of the Member to whom the health information relates;
- without limiting any of the foregoing obligations, you will comply with the Community Guidelines available at: perxhealth.com/community-guidelines/ when interacting with other Members through the Perx Platforms;
- access and use of the Perx Platforms is limited, non-transferable, non-sublicensable and allows for the sole use of the Perx Platforms by you for the purposes of receiving the Services;
- you will not use the Services or the Perx Platforms in connection with any commercial endeavours of your own;
- you will not use the Services or the Perx Platforms for any illegal and/or unauthorised use which includes collecting email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorised framing of or linking to the Perx Platforms;
- commercial advertisements, affiliate links and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of your Membership; and
- any automated use of the Perx Platforms or the Services is prohibited.
Appropriate legal action will be taken by Perx Health in respect of any use of the Perx Platforms that breaches the above terms.
4. Your Content
5. Copyright and Intellectual Property
Unless otherwise indicated, we own, or licence from third parties, any and all right, title and interest (including as the case may be any copyright, designs, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights) in the Perx Platforms and in all of the material (including but not limited to information, text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips, application, code, scripts, design elements and interactive features) made available on the Perx Platforms or as part of providing the Services (Perx Health Content).
Perx Health grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable, revocable license whilst you are a Member to:
- use the Perx Platforms and view the Perx Health Content only in accordance with these Terms;
- copy and store the Perx Platforms and any Perx Health Content contained on the Perx Platforms in your device’s cache memory or on its hard drive; and
- print pages from the Perx Platforms for your own personal and non-commercial use.
Perx Health does not grant you any other rights whatsoever in relation to the Perx Health Content, the Perx Platforms or the Services. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Perx Platforms will transfer any Perx Health Content or any other intellectual property rights of Perx Health to you.
You may not, without the prior written permission of Perx Health and the written permission of any other relevant rights owners, broadcast, republish, upload to a third party, transmit, communicate, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt, change in any way or reverse engineer the Perx Health Content, the Perx Platforms or the Services or any third party content displayed on the Perx Platforms for any purpose, unless otherwise expressly provided by these Terms.
6. Perx Rewards Program
If you are an eligible Member with access to the Perx App or the web portal we may make available a reward program (Reward Program) to you, where you may be eligible to receive rewards such as gift cards, charity donations made on your behalf to nominated charities and other items (collectively, Rewards) by performing certain actions related to your medication or health regime (Rewarded Actions) and recording your performance of those actions on the Perx Platforms. Rewarded Actions may include taking your medications according to your medication schedule, the performance of other prescribed healthcare and health related activities, and other in-app actions. Some Rewarded Actions may require verification through the Perx App including via a photo submission, document upload or a connected device.
We offer different Reward Programs to different Commercial Sponsors and their Members. Where your access to our Services has been authorised by one of our Commercial Sponsors the Reward Program made available to you will be the Reward Program agreed with the Commercial Sponsor with whom you are associated.
Reward Program Terms:
We reserve the right to determine, in our sole discretion, whether a particular action qualifies as a Rewarded Action for the purposes of the Reward Program. After completing a Rewarded Action you may be automatically entered into an instantaneous simulated game which takes place within the Perx App and gives you the opportunity to receive a Reward from one of our Rewards Partners (Reward Game). Reward Games are provided by Perx Health and each, but not every, Reward Game may include a Reward. If you receive a Reward, it will instantaneously be credited to your Account. Your entry into and participation in the Reward Program and any Reward Game is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR OTHER PAYMENT REQUIRED TO ENTER OR RECEIVE A REWARD. ANY REWARD OBTAINED IS VOID WHERE YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE REWARD PROGRAM IS PROHIBITED UNDER THESE TERMS;
- in order to participate in the Reward Program and accrue Rewards you must be at least 12 years of age and be a valid Member with a registered Account;
- your eligibility for a Reward is based upon your history of Rewarded Actions and the Rewards you have previously received through our Services. There is no guarantee your participation in any Reward Games will result in your receiving a Reward. Perx Health reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify you from receiving or claiming Rewards at any time;
- each Reward Game is conducted by a computer program and the results are final and binding;
- the user interface and game visuals for each specific Reward Game are provided for convenience only and are not intended to represent the way in which Rewards are allocated by the computer program or intended to be indicative of the timing of receiving a Reward. As noted below, your receipt of a Reward is determined by a number of other factors;
- the Rewards provided in Reward Games will depend on many factors, including the types of Rewards that you have unlocked in the Perx App, the types of Rewards available in your Reward Program, and the availability of each type of Reward;
- the total value of Rewards that you are eligible to receive during any given period (Maximum Reward Allocation) is determined by Perx Health in its sole discretion. The Maximum Reward Allocation may vary depending on the particular Reward Program that you are enrolled in. If you complete all Rewarded Actions then you will receive the Maximum Reward Allocation;
- increasing the number of Rewarded Actions available to you will not increase the value of your Maximum Reward Allocation or the number of Rewards that you will receive. For example, scheduling additional medication tasks will not change the Maximum Reward Allocation in your Reward Program;
- the actions of other Members do not influence the value of Rewards available to you nor the likelihood of you receiving a Reward for completing a Rewarded Action;
- if you receive a Reward, you will be notified immediately via the Perx App or the web portal, and the Reward will be available for your redemption in the Perx App or via the web portal;
- if you cannot be contacted, are ineligible or fail to claim a Reward within seven (7) days of the Reward Game, the Reward may be forfeited.
Please note that you may be required to provide additional information (including Personal Information) to Perx Health or a Rewards Partner in order to redeem certain Rewards, and that in rare circumstances a processing fee may also be applicable to the redemption of Rewards.
We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that any Rewards that you obtain through participation in a Reward Game are viewable via your Account within 7 days. You should contact us if it has been more than 7 days and the Rewards have not been applied to your Account. We may also, at our discretion, delay any Reward redemption in order to validate or verify your actions via the Service and/or your adherence to these Terms.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- Rewards are not transferable and can only be used in accordance with these Terms and any terms and conditions specified by the Rewards Partner who makes the Reward available;
- Rewards are not redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value, or exchangeable in any other way;
- substitution of Rewards is not permitted, except at the sole discretion of Perx Health for a Reward of equal or lesser value;
- we are not responsible or liable for any unredeemed, unused or lost Rewards;
- Rewards may expire 6 months after the Rewards are received via the Service. We reserve the right to issue Rewards that may have a longer or shorter expiration date, and to remove Rewards from your Account and cancel them to correct errors or if we believe you were not entitled to receive the Reward. You will not be provided with notice of expiration, forfeiture or removal of rewards, and you are not entitled to any compensation where this occurs;
- you are solely responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes, if any, that apply to Rewards received through the Reward Program;
- not all Rewards Partners you see represented in our Perx Reward Program are sponsors of Perx Health or otherwise affiliated with Perx Health. The logos and other identifying marks displayed on the Perx Platforms or in connection with our Services are trademarks of and owned by each represented company and/or its affiliates;
- the Perx App runs on various mobile devices, including Apple Inc’s iPhone, and devices running Google Inc’s Android operating system. Neither Apple Inc, nor Google Inc, nor any of their subsidiaries, nor any third-party mobile device manufacturer is a sponsor of the Perx Reward program. None of them are involved in any way with the Reward Program, the Rewards or responsible for the mechanics of the Rewarded Actions; and
- Perx Health may modify or discontinue the Reward Program, or any Rewards related thereto, at any time.
The Rewards Program is subject to these Terms (including the provisions of this clause 6) and all applicable, federal and state laws and regulations that may apply.
Redemption and Use of Rewards:
While your participation in the Reward Program and each Reward Game is governed by these Terms, your redemption and use of any Reward will be governed by the terms and conditions of redemption/usage as stipulated by the relevant third-party Rewards Partner at the time the Reward is provided to you. You agree that Perx Health is not responsible for any third-party Reward terms and conditions, and disclaims any and all liability relating thereto. Your participation in the Rewards Program and your use of any Rewards is at your own risk.
7. SMS/Text Communication
We may send communications to you on your mobile telephone by SMS or text message. By consenting to the Services, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of Perx through your wireless provider to your mobile number. Message and data rates from your mobile telephone service provider may apply and are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by your provider. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of these SMS or text message communications at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP in reply to any text message to unsubscribe. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you.
For Service support or assistance, reply text HELP or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Exclusion of Warranties and Disclaimer
The Services and all Perx Health Content is provided to you “as is” and on an “as available” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Perx Health expressly excludes all representations, warranties, guarantees and endorsements, whether express or implied, in relation to the Services and any Perx Health Content, including without limitation any warranty that:
- the Services will meet your requirements or expectations;
- you will receive continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Perx Platforms or that Perx Health’s servers are free of computer viruses, bugs or other harmful components or that any defects with the Perx Platforms will be corrected within a reasonable time;
- your experience will be free from temporary or on-going software compatibility issues, including those affecting common web-browsers, current or previous versions of Apple’s iOS Software and Google’s Android Software or your computer or smartphone hardware, despite our reasonable endeavours to prevent same; or
- any Perx Health Content or other information obtained via the Services (including any Consumer Medicines Information sourced from pharmaceutical manufacturers or government databases or any information posted by other Members on the Perx Community Forum) will be accurate, complete, reliable, up to date and suitable for your own individual purposes,
and accordingly, you use the Services at your own discretion and risk and will be solely responsible for any loss or damage of any kind that you suffer as a result of or in connection with any disruption or other difficulties you experience in using the Services or arising from your reliance on any Perx Health Content or other information obtained via the Services.
IMPORTANT: ALL PERX HEALTH CONTENT AND OTHER INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE ADVICE OF A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU CONSULT WITH A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL PRIOR TO USING THE SERVICES, PARTICULARLY IF YOU HAVE A PRE-EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITION. YOU SHOULD NEVER DISREGARD MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF INFORMATION YOU HAVE READ ON THE PERX PLATFORMS OR ANY MEDICAL HISTORY DATA YOU RECEIVE THROUGH OUR SERVICES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING COMPLIANCE WITH YOUR HEALTH REGIME.
10. Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law and except where the relevant liability arises as a result of fraud or wilful misconduct on the part of Perx Health, Perx Health hereby excludes all liability to you for any loss or damage (including, without limitation, direct, incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages or any loss of business, interest, goodwill, revenue, profit or loss or corruption of data) arising out of:
- your access to, or use of, or inability to access or use the Perx Platforms or the Services;
- your use of, or reliance on, the Perx Health Content or any other information made available on the Perx Platforms or as part of the Services; or
- any errors or omissions in the Perx Health Content or any other information made available on the Perx Platforms, whether or not we are aware of such errors and omissions; and
- any failure to receive notifications from the Perx App on your mobile device,
howsoever caused and whether arising in contract, tort, under statute or otherwise.
We acknowledge that certain laws and regulations may imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations, remedies or guaranties which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by law. To the extent that such laws or regulations apply, these Terms must be read subject to those laws and regulations. If those laws and regulations apply, notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, and to the extent permitted by law, Perx Health limits its liability pursuant to those laws and regulations to the resupply of the Services or the payment of the cost of having the Services supplied again.
Perx Health’s liability in connection with the Services is reduced proportionately in the event that you contributed to any claim or loss suffered by you.
You agree to indemnify Perx Health, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third-party content providers, licensors and any Commercial Sponsor or Reward Partner from and against any and all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or arising out of or in connection with:
- any use or misuse of the Perx Platforms, the Perx Health Content and/or Your Content by you or any other person accessing the Services using your Account or password;
- any breach of the Terms or of any intellectual property or other right by you or any other person accessing the Services using your Account or password; and
- any breach of an applicable law, regulation or licence arising from your use of the Services or from the use of the Services by any other person accessing the Services using your Account or password.
12. Third Party Interfaces
The Perx Platforms may provide technology tools and communications platforms between Perx Health, third-party partners (such as Commercial Sponsors and Rewards Partners) and you. Perx Health disclaims any responsibility for any third-party interfaces, including:
- communications between you and a third-party partner/Commercial Sponsor/Reward Partner; and
- misconfiguration between any of the Perx Platforms, Commercial Sponsor, pharmacies and government medication databases; and
- any links contained on the Perx Platforms to websites operated by third parties, your use of which shall be entirely at your own risk and governed by the applicable terms and conditions (including as to privacy) of the relevant third party and not by these Terms.
The Perx Platforms may be provided with third-party plug-ins or other third-party software, or this may be provided as a plug-in for, or otherwise in association with, third party software. Use of any such third-party software will be governed by the applicable license agreement, if any, with such third party. Perx Health is not responsible for any third-party software and will have no liability of any kind for your use of such third-party software and makes no warranty of any kind with respect to such third-party software.
13. Changes to the Services
We may, from time to time and without notice, change, add to or remove all or any part of the Services. In the event that we make changes to the Services, your access to the Perx Platforms and any information contained on it may be limited or unavailable on a temporary or permanent basis. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any loss such suspension, termination, change or discontinuance may cause. We reserve the right to cease providing the Services at any time and for any reason.
14. Termination of these Terms
You may suspend your use of the Services at any time by deleting the Perx App from your device or ceasing to access the online web portal or the Perx Enterprise Portal. If you want to terminate these Terms and your Membership, you may do so at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Perx Health may, at any time, suspend or terminate these Terms and/or your Membership if:
- you have breached any provision of the Terms, or Perx Health reasonably suspects that you have breached these Terms (in its absolute discretion);
- Perx Health forms the view, in its absolute discretion, that your use of the Services may result in harm to your health and wellbeing;
- Perx Health is required to do so by law;
- Perx Health is transitioning to no longer providing the Services to Members in the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Service;
- the provision of the Services to you by Perx Health is, in the opinion of Perx Health, no longer commercially viable;
- if you are eligible to access the Services based on your membership of, or relationship with, an organization that is one of our Commercial Sponsors, and you stop being a member of, or having any relationship with, that organization or if you no longer qualify for the Services under that organization’s policies and procedures. A request from or any other action taken by a Commercial Sponsor to suspend or terminate your Membership will be sufficient basis for Perx Heath to suspend or terminate your Membership; or
- you were authorised by a particular Member to access the Perx Enterprise Portal and the authorising Member revokes its authorisation for you to access the Perx Enterprise Portal and view their health information. A request from or any other action taken by the relevant authorising Member to suspend or terminate your access to the Perx Enterprise Portal will be sufficient basis for Perx Health to suspend or terminate your access to the Perx Enterprise Portal.
When the Terms come to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and Perx Health have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst the Terms have been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this cessation, and the provisions of this clause shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely. Any indemnities are intended to survive termination of these Terms.
You are not entitled to a refund or compensation upon suspension or termination of these Terms or your Membership unless otherwise required by law.
15. Dispute Resolution
If you have a problem with us that we can’t resolve, we and you agree that any dispute, claim, or disagreement arising out of or relating to the Services or your relationship with us, will be resolved by individual arbitration or mediation.
Informal Dispute Resolution
You also agree that you will try in good faith to resolve any dispute informally before filing an arbitration or mediation. To start the informal dispute process, you must, within 14 days of the dispute arising, give us written notice (Notice of Dispute) to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes (1) your name, phone number and email address for your account, and (2) a description of the dispute and how you’d like it resolved. If we have a dispute with you, we will send a Notice of Dispute with the same information to the email address we have on file for your account. Once a complete Notice of Dispute has been received, the recipient has 60 days to investigate and try to resolve the claims. If either side requests a settlement conference during this period, then you and we must cooperate to schedule that meeting by phone or videoconference. You and we each will personally participate and can each bring counsel, but the conference must be individualized, even if the same firm(s) represent multiple parties. For the claims asserted in the Notice of Dispute, any statute of limitations will be tolled from the date the Notice of Dispute is received until the later of (i) 60 days, or (ii) after a timely requested settlement conference is completed (Informal Dispute Resolution Period). An arbitration cannot be filed until the Informal Dispute Resolution Period has ended, and a court can enjoin the filing or prosecution of an arbitration in breach of this section. Nothing in this section precludes you or us from seeking relief for non-compliance with this Informal Dispute Resolution process in arbitration.
Arbitration or Mediation
For disputes arising in the United States, if the Dispute cannot be resolved during the Informal Dispute Resolution Period, any arbitration will be conducted on a confidential basis pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, as modified by this Agreement to Arbitrate. The arbitration will be conducted before one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving commercial contract disputes. Your rights will be determined by a neutral arbitrator and not a judge or jury. Arbitrator decisions are as enforceable as any court order and are subject to very limited review by the court.
You and Perx must abide by the following rules:
a. ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT BY YOU OR US MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING;
b. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING, AND MAY NOT AWARD CLASS-WIDE RELIEF;
c. the arbitrator will honor claims of privilege and privacy recognized at law;
d. the arbitration will be confidential, and neither you nor we may disclose the existence, content or results of any arbitration, except as may be required by law or for purposes of enforcement of the arbitration award;
e. the arbitration will be confidential, and neither you nor we may disclose the existence, content or results of any arbitration, except as may be required by law or for purposes of enforcement of the arbitration award;
f. the arbitrator may award any individual relief or individual remedies that are permitted by applicable law; and
g. each side pays its own attorneys’ fees and expenses unless there is a statutory provision that requires the prevailing party to be paid its fees and litigation expenses, and then in such instance, the fees and costs awarded will be determined by applicable law.
If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the balance of this arbitration provision will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the dispute will be exclusively brought in state or federal court in the State of New York.
For disputes arising in Australia, if the Dispute cannot be resolved during the Informal Dispute Resolution Period, the parties must either appoint a mediator by agreement or request that an appropriate mediator be appointed by the Chair of the Resolution Institute (ABN 69 008 651 232) or his or her nominee. The parties are equally liable for the fees and reasonable expenses of a mediator and the cost of the venue of the mediation and without limiting the foregoing undertake to pay any amounts requested by the mediator as a pre-condition to the mediation commencing. The Parties must each pay their own costs associated with the mediation. The mediation will be held in New South Wales, Australia.
16. Governing Law
The Terms are governed by the laws of the State of New York. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be exclusively governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.
The rights and obligations of Members under these Terms are personal. You may not assign, encumber or otherwise deal with such rights and obligations without the prior written consent of Perx Health. Perx Health may assign, encumber or otherwise deal with its rights and obligations under these Terms at any time without notice.
19. Entire agreement
These Terms embody the entire agreement and understanding between the parties concerning its subject matter and succeeds and cancels all other agreements and understandings concerning the subject matter of these Terms and any warranty, representation, guarantee or other term and condition of any nature not contained in these Terms is of no force or effect.
A single or partial exercise or waiver of a right relating to these Terms will not prevent any other exercise of that right or the exercise of any other right.
A party will not be liable for any loss, cost or expense of any other party caused or contributed to by any waiver, exercise, attempted exercise or failure to exercise, or any delay in the exercise of, a right.